Saturday, March 22, 2008

21st Century Blues

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS



DUBLIN WAS A NEW AND STRANGE SENSATION
This piece is about teaching.


THE THRONE OF SELF REFLECTION
I have been collecting the inside of old thermos' for years and then I found this salon chair in a Katrina pile. The rest is history.

BARGE BOARD BLUES
I made this piece out of two pieces of barge board from my house. Lots of glass and barnacles. My favorite in the show.

21ST CENTURY BLUES
I made this piece after one of my neighbours was murdered. I don't naturally fear others, but I am learning.


OUT HERE IN THESE GRAFFITI RUINS
I built ruins in the gallery out of Chimney pipes and other Katrina debris. At the opening I put out paint, sharpies, and spray paint. Everyone went to town.


21st Century Blues
Barrister’s Gallery, New Orleans, Louisiana

No comments: